You are invited to an open evening about the new MA in Applied Spirituality that will commence in Milltown Park, Dublin 6 on 15 August 2016, and be awarded by Waterford Institute of Technology. The Open Evening takes place on Tuesday, March 22nd, at 8pm, in the Arrupe Room, Milltown Park, Sandford Road, Ranelagh, Dublin 6.
Graduates from this MA programme, which has been running for 15 years in partnership with various accrediting bodies, have taken up leadership, educational, chaplaincy and pastoral roles around the world, and a number have gone on to PhD studies in this developing field of study and application. Those who did the programme for personal development reasons have also found it very beneficial.
In one year the skills and understanding to engage with the expanding conversation regarding spirituality and its application in diverse professional settings will be developed to a high standard. The programme is externally evaluated annually by international scholars and has been rated as “world leading”.
SpIRE (Spirituality Institute for Research and Education), which is being led by two former All Hallows College (DCU) and Milltown Institute (NUI) faculty, Michael O’Sullivan SJ and Bernadette Flanagan PBVM, will host the MA, and will hold a triple launch on March 22nd.
1. Launch of SpIRE
Speaker: Patricia Coyle, Director of Irish Jesuit Communications
2. Launch of MA in Applied Spirituality
- Dr Richard Hayes, Head of the School of Humanities, Waterford Institute of Technology
- Dr Andrew O’Regan, Dean of Academic Affairs and Registrar, All Hallows College
- Dr Michael O’Sullivan, formerly Programme Director of the MA at Milltown Institute and All Hallows College
- Dr Bernadette Flanagan, formerly Head of the Dept of Spirituality at Milltown Institute and Director of Research at All Hallows College
- Noel Keating, Graduate of the MA in Applied Spirituality (2012-13)
- Martina Breen, Graduate of the MA in Applied Spirituality (2011-12)
3. Launch of SpIRE Website
- Janet Carey, RedSox Media
- Michael O’Sullivan, Director of SpIRE
- Bernadette Flanagan, Chair of SpIRE
9.00pm: Q & A about the MA and about SpIRE with the MA team
and the SpIRE team
9.30pm: Tea/coffee and light cakes