The Turn to Spirituality
Michael giving a public lecture on The Turn to Spirituality
All Hallows College, Dublin, October 2010
MA in Applied Spirituality (2012)
Michael O’Sullivan SJ was the Director of a DCU Masters programme in Applied Spirituality at All Hallows College, Dublin. He talks to Pat Coyle of the Jesuit Communication Centre about the students and the topics they’ve chosen, in this relatively new and popular discipline.
What Spiritual Capital means (2013)
Reflections on Pope Francis (2013)
Michael worked in El Salvador and Pinochet’s Chile. He talks about the moral dilemmas he faced, the importance of liberation theology and his friendship with Sr Pat Farrell, former head of the Leadership Conference of Women Religious (LWCR). And all in the context of the papacy of Pope Francis.
How Roman Catholic Theology Can Transform Male Violence against Women (2011)
Michael O’Sullivan SJ’s book ‘How Roman Catholic Theology Can Transform Male Violence against Women’ is a theological analysis of male violence against women ‘which brings a new and unique perspective to bear on the discussion about the sexist substrata of the Christian tradition. It treads where few male theologians have previously gone.’ (Professor Linda Hogan, TCD)
On Pope Francis (2014)
Interview with Jesuit Communications Centre about Michael’s paper ‘On Pope Francis’ at the University of St. Andrews, Scotland in April 2014
The Bible and gender violence
Radio Interviews with Michael O’Sullivan
- Liberation Theology (2013) – Soul Waves Radio
- Spiritual Capital (2013) – Soul Waves Radio
- Authentic Self-Presence and Liberation Theology (2013) – Soul Waves Radio
- The Pope and the Mafia (2014) – Soul Waves Radio
- SpIRE and the MA in Applied Spirituality (4 March 2016) – RTE Radio
Spiritual Capital by Dr. Michael O’Sullivan SJ – YouTube
- See: YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0BB3D6oB3Q) and Vimeo: ‘A Jesuit with the People’ (March 2018) – a documentary film about the Director of SpIRE, Michael O’Sullivan, SJ, during his years as a missionary in Chile under the Pinochet military dictatorship.
- SpIRE goes from Strength to Strength (2016) – Jesuit.ie
- Archbishop Oscar Romero’s beatification (2015) – CatholicIreland.net
- Celebrating the life of Archbishop Oscar Romero (2015) – Jesuit.ie
- They will never silence us – Jesuit.ie
- Michael on the international Society for the Study of Christian Spirituality conference in South Africa in May 2015 – Jesuit.ie
- Mental Health, Practical Theology, and Spirituality Conference at All Hallows College 2010 – IrishTimes
In this interview for 3R Productions with Pat Coyle on June 20, 2006 Michael O’Sullivan looks back over his days as a Jesuit priest in Pinochet’s Chile and expresses his delight at the then recent election of Michelle Bachelet to the Chilean presidency.
Ms Bachelet was the first woman President of Chile. Having served as President from 2006-10, she was subsequently re-elected President of Chile in 2014.